The New York Times
Funding for LSU's New York Times access is provided by LSU Student Government and LSU Libraries.
The Wall Street Journal
LSU access to the Wall Street Journal is provided by LSU Student Government and LSU Libraries.
The Advocate on World Access News
Access the past 4 years of The Advocate through LSU's subscription to World Access News.
The Reveille on the LDL
Access digital issues of The Reveille from 1897 to the present on the Louisiana Digital Library.
The Reveille on Issuu
Access full copies of The Reveille printed since 2009 through issuu.
Newspaper Collections on the LDL
Louisiana newspapers on the Louisiana Digital Library, spanning over 20 different publications.
Library guide listing Louisiana digital newspapers and magazines.
Search for an article using a news database and take a look at news subject guides to streamline your research process.
- Access World News
- A comprehensive resource that includes a variety of news publications worldwide, as well as titles from the Advocate and Picayune families of newspapers. It is available to LSU students, faculty, and staff.
- African American Newspapers, 1827-1998
- African American Newspapers provides online access to approximately 270 newspapers from over 35 states, including 15 from Louisiana. It is available to LSU students, faculty, and staff.
- America's Historical Newspapers
- America's Historical Newspapers provides more than 1,300 titles from all 50 states, including 39 from Louisiana. It is available to LSU students, faculty, and staff.
- British Library Newspapers
- British Library Newspapers contains full runs of influential national and regional newspapers representing different political and cultural segments of 19th-century British society.The collection includes Parts I-V and covers the years 1732-1950.
- Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers
- The Library of Congress's Chronicling America database, which is available online to everyone, includes 128 Louisiana titles between 1836 and 1922.
- Digitizing Louisiana Newspapers Project (DLNP)
- Directory of 128 titles from the state of Louisiana published between 1836 through 1922 — a total of 328,900 pages
- Google News
- The Google News database, which is available online to everyone, includes 18 New Orleans titles between 1810 and 1923.
- Illustrated Civil War Newspapers and Magazines
- llustrated Civil War Newspapers and Magazines: Important and Rare Periodicals from Confederate, Union, Abolitionist, and British Presses is the definitive online Civil War media resource.
- Latin American Newspapers Series I & II
- Latin American Newspapers, Series I & II, 1805-1922, offer unprecedented coverage of the people, issues and events that shaped this vital region during the 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Newspapers.com, a subsidiary of Ancestry.com, provides access to over 200 Louisiana newspapers from 1810 to the present. It is available to LSU students, faculty, and staff.
- Newspaper Source Plus
- Includes text (and some video) from newspapers, magazines, newswires, and transcripts as early as 1980s
- Nexus Uni
- Includes text of international newspapers, magazines, newswires, and some television news transcripts as early as 1980s/1990s including China Daily, The Guardian, Japan Times, and more...
- Nineteenth Century U.S. Newspapers
- Nineteenth Century U.S. Newspapers provides access to over 400 U.S. newspapers, including several from Louisiana. It is available to LSU students, faculty, and staff.